5.30.2014

"Fall Into Me" - Sugarland


Monday was our anniversary. I've already addressed the excitement of our wedding day in a previous blog, so I will spare you the details. You're welcome. On Wednesday, I had an appointment for a final bridesmaid dress fitting! Woo hoo! Since I had over an hour drive from work - plus traffic- to the store, I decided to dig out my old iPod for some tunes. I had downloaded all of my wedding playlists to my iPod the week of our wedding just in case the CDs I made decided not to work. So in typical Kari reminiscing fashion, I decided to listen to our pre-ceremony playlist. Maybe it was the hormones, but I shed a few happy tears as I listened to the songs we had played on our very special day. One song in particular really tugged at my heart strings.  I had heard this song two or three times before we decided to add it to the list, but listening to it now brings a whole new meaning. We have been through A LOT in our two years of marriage. It is so neat and humbling to look back on this song and think... "Yeah. I did that." or "Yes. Trey did that."  It was almost as if this song was foreshadowing for the trials, sadness, joy, frustration, heartbreak, and happiness we had ahead of us.   


"When the weight of the world bears down so strongYou leave footprints on the streetAnd there's too many miles to faceWithout a few more hours sleepThe storm clouds overhead won't shedAny rain to quench your thirstI wanna be the one you reach for first

When your faith is stretched so thinThat you can see straight through your soulAnd you can't find a nickel to buy a smile'Cause your pockets all got holesYou wanna shut the door and hideBefore the day can get much worseI wanna be the one you reach for first

Fall into meMy arms are open wide and you don't have to say a word'Cause I already seeThat it's hard and you're scared and you're tired and it hurtsAnd I wanna be the one you reach for firstI wanna be the bottleYou've been drinking with your eyesOr the road you run away onYou've been running all your lifeThe third row pew that you last knewAs a child in churchI wanna be the one you reach for first

Fall into meMy arms are open wide and you don't have to say a word'Cause I already seeThat it's hard and you're scared and you're tired and it hurtsAnd I wanna be the one you reach for firstBefore your turn the keyBefore you fall asleepBefore your drift away to fight those demonsWaiting for you in your dreamsBefore your arms are stretched wide openBefore you're reaching for the skyBefore you're searching for directionAnd all the answers to your why's

Fall into meWell, my arms are stretched wide open, you don't have to say a wordBecause I already seeThat it's hard and you're scared and you're tired and I know it hurtsYes, it's hard and you're scared and you're tired and it hurtsAnd I wanna be the one you reach for first"

This song has my husband all over it. He has been my strength, my support, my shoulder to cry on, and my #1 listener. To say I am blessed to have him by my side for the rest of my life is an understatement. We are closer thanks to the journey we have been faced with and our relationship will only become stronger from this point forward. I wish I could have found a great YouTube version of this song, but I didn't.  So if you ever get a chance, look up this song. 

4 comments:

  1. Happy anniversary! We are lucky to have wonderful, strong hubbys on this journey with us, aren't we.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy anniversary!!!! I am assuming everything is going well with the baby(ies)?? Exciting times ahead for you guys :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Anniversary!!! What would we do without our hubby's, eh!? (And Sugarland is one of my favorite bands!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy anniversary! I love that song and love that you are so in love!!

    ReplyDelete