4.20.2014

Infertility Awareness Week

If someone had told me 18 years ago that one day I would spend two to three days a week in a fertility clinic, I would've thought they were crazy. If someone had told me 18 years ago when I first started my period that I would stop having periods by my 28th birthday, I would've probably rejoiced! Yay periods are so inconvenient to an 11 year old girl anyway, right? If someone told me that one day I would give myself an injection in the stomach each night, I would've probably cried. Give myself a shot?! I hate shots! You've gotta be kidding me, right? 

This is my reality. These are the cards I have been dealt. I am 1 in 8. I am battling infertility with every ounce of my being. I am determined to overcome and win this battle. This week is National Infertility Awareness Week. I would like to encourage each of my readers to remember those of us who have a dream in our hearts and empty wombs. We have been chosen to fight this physical, emotional battle of infertility. If you are not familiar with infertility, I would like to encourage you to educate yourself just a little. Chances are someone you know and love is or will be fighting this silent battle. 1 in 8. 


On a side note, I'm currently in the waiting room of the clinic. I will be updating on my follicle count later today! 

*hugs* 

1 comment: