1.05.2011

Manic Wednesday

Let's face it. When I was younger all I could think about was, "Man I can't wait to be older so I can do whatever I want."  Now that I'm older, I can do whatever I want as long as the bills are paid, the laundry is put away, and I actually have the time.  Now that I'm older, I have this thing called a career that takes up 40-45 hours of my life each week and a little boy who is constantly involved in sports that require me to drive too fast from Mboro to Shelbyville 2-3 times a week. So basically now that I'm older, I have more responsibilities, less time, but maybe a little bit more money?  This grown up nonsense is totally overrated!  I'd give anything if I could go back and tell 16 year old Kari to take in every moment and not wish her life away.  Oh to be 16 again!!  Sigh.

This week has been absolutely crazy.  I should probably be doing something productive instead of blogging, but to be quite honest, I needed a change of scenery for a moment. The week started with me trying to catch up from the holidays at work while also attempting to book a hotel for my much anticipated and potentially life changing (err...that sounds creepy. I know.) road trip this weekend.  I will admit I felt very relieved when I printed my Expedia confirmation; however, I also suddenly felt nervous/ anxious/ excited all at the same time.  Hopefully the road trip will go well and I will be able to blog more about it later, but for now the only important detail is... I'm going on a road trip. What did Tuesday bring? Well Tuesday felt like Monday. It was hectic. Gavin had basketball practice Tuesday night, which should've been a happy time, but for some reason I still feel awkward amongst all of the basketball parents because they are all older than me and most of them know Micah. I'm now labeled as "the ex wife".  I'm sure the title will grow on me soon enough, but for now it still makes me feel icky on the inside. I'd prefer to just be known as "Gavin's mom".

So here's to a Manic Wednesday.  The week is slowing down, but at the same time I'm in such a frenzy trying to get myself prepared for this road trip! Hopefully by Saturday my nerves will be calmed. Ahhhh.

Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I love this blog. and totally admire your strength:)
    Oh and I too wish I could go tell 16 yr old Chelsea to stop wishing time away (oh and also to stop worrying over silly boys lol). Hope ur week gets better!

    ReplyDelete