1.11.2011

The Beginning of a Good Thing

"I don't know where this is going,
but it sure feels right..."



I recently discovered Steel Magnolia.  The quote at the beginning of this blog is a verse from their song "Last Night Again".  If you haven't heard it, you should definatly check it out.  That verse is by far my favorite part of the entire song.  It kinda rings true to my current situation. I have no idea where this is going, but oh my goodness it sure feels right...for once.

What. A. Weekend.  I still get that warm, fuzzy feeling when I reflect back on the weekend.  Saturday morning began with Gavin's first basketball game of the season. He was such a little man out there! He stole the ball a few times, scored four points, and even grabbed a few rebounds.  I tried so hard to control myself and not jump up and down everytime he did something, but it was just too hard. I couldn't sit down. I ended up standing most of the game and cheering for him.  I tried to keep it under control so I wouldn't be considered the annoying mom.  Gavin even agreed that I wasn't too annoying. Mission accomplished.

After the excitement of Gavin's game, I began packing my last minute items for my highly anticipated road trip to the great state of Alabama. At 2pm Caity, Ashley, and I were in the car singing Jason Aldean at the top of our lungs and laughing.  It was such a fun 2 hour drive! Once we finally arrived at our destination, I went though a moment of "oh my goodness. How am I ever going to make it through the evening?". I was a nervous wreck! I don't know what I would have done if Caity and Ashley weren't there with me!  As the night progressed, the nervousness slowly passed and I was able to take in every moment. 

Ashley made a comment on Facebook today that read : " I just LOVE you! and it's now your time to SHINE! :)"   I could not agree more.  I have been in so many unhealthy, one sided relationships where I gave everything I had and rarely got anything in return.  From crying myself to sleep and hoping I would wake up to at least a text that said "hi"  to the nights of being ignored because it isn't cool to text when you're with the guys to spending night after night wondering why it is so easy for someone to treat another human being the way I have been treated by so many people in my past.  Don't get me wrong. I am comfortable enough with myself to be completely ok with being single. I don't need a male in my life to "complete" me or make me feel important. With that being said,  I do see so many of my friends in happy relationships and I can't help but think "Hmm... I wonder what that feels like?"  So here's to a New Year. Maybe it is my time to shine? Maybe this is part of growing up? I had to go through the storm before I could experience the rainbow. Trust me. I do realize how cheesy that sounds, but I don't really know how else to explain it.

 If you haven't figured out by now... There's this boy... and well I don't know where it's going but it sure feels right.  :) 

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment