11.21.2014

Stay-at-Home Mom Adventures

I feel like I need to document this waiting period in my life. I've officially been a stay at home mom for the last eleven days. The first week was absolutely a whirlwind. I had so many things on my TO DO list that I wanted to get completed. I had somewhere to be and errands to run almost every day. Oh and let's not forget Gavin's brief stomach bug debacle. My first day at home, the school called Gavin's dad to say someone needed to come get him. Since I had resigned from job 30 minutes prior to the phone call, I told Gav's dad I would handle it. So I spent the first day of being a stay at home mom being the nurse to my 11 year old who had the yucky stomach virus. It was actually not that bad!

Gavin is only here three (and a half...ish) days a week, so I make the most of being his Mommy during that time. I've been able to drop him off at school and pick him up in the afternoons. I'm finally able to help him with homework, cook a REAL dinner for him and Trey each night, and just take time to chat with him. I'm not rushed. I'm not running in the door at 5:45 in the evening completely distraught and frazzled from the day. I honestly feel like I'm finally able to make being Gavin's mom and Trey's wife my #1 priority each day.

This week has been different. I haven't been sleeping well at night at all, so my energy level is not near what it was last week. I have a TO DO list for this week, but I'm not marking things off as quickly. We did finally break down and pay someone to come do a deep clean on our house. That took place on Wednesday and I have decided it was the best decision I ever made. It was such a good idea that we have decided to have someone clean our house bi-weekly from this point forward.

Basically, I talk to my dog all day, do laundry, dishes, and reorganize the nursery. Seriously. I sit in the nursery for almost an hour each morning sipping my peppermint hot tea and rearranging the changing table or closet. I believe this is part of nesting, maybe? Whatever it is, I cannot wait to walk into that room each morning and be greeted by two little miracle babies who need me.

Prayer Request:  if you could please remember my fellow blogger friend and TTC sister, Elana @ baby Ridley bump that would be wonderful. She has been fighting with every ounce of her being to receive her own miracle baby. She was a wonderful inspiration to me during my sad and dark days. She has always had words of encouragement for me and this week she needs all of the prayers, encouragement, positive vibes, love...whatever you can offer her. Infertility stinks.

1 comment:

  1. I feel so bad for Elena, I was really praying she would get that BFP. This seriously stinks! Hope your son is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete