3.31.2014

My 50th Post!

Hip Hip Hooray! This is my 50th post! I realize I am probably making this into a bigger deal than I should, but to me it IS a big deal. 

So what should I write about for my 50th post? Hmm... How about a weekend recap? With Pictures? Sure! Well Friday after work, I picked up Gavin from his dad for a rare occasion. He spent the entire weekend with us! We hardly ever get to have him an entire weekend! Since Gav is on spring break this week, we decided to kick off spring break with a BANG! Friday night we watched the Tennessee Men play Michigan in the Sweet 16. Do not get me wrong, Trey and I like basketball. It just isn't something we usually watch on TV. Tennessee put up a good fight. It was kinda hilarious to watch Gavin pace back and forth through the living room in the last minute of the game. In the end, Tennessee lost. We resumed regular activities after Gavin picked his broken dreams of a National Championship up off the floor. 

Saturday morning we woke up to the yuckiest, rainy, gloomy weather. We didn't let it stop us though. We piled into the car and headed out on a road trip to Chattanooga. We began our road trip with a stop at Chick-fil-a for some breakfast. When we arrived in Chattanooga, we stopped by the Tennessee Aquarium. We went to the Atlanta Aquarium a few years ago, so since that time... all other aquariums look like glorified fish tanks to us. Atlanta spoiled us. The aquarium was fun though. After the aquarium, we grabbed some lunch then found us a hotel for a quick nap. After our naps, we ventured to the local mall to blow some money and get some exercise. Later on we found a hole-in-the-wall Mexican restaurant for dinner before heading over to the movies. 

Sunday morning began with breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Our hotel had a continental breakfast; however, we were RIGHT ACROSS THE ROAD from Cracker Barrel. You can't be right across the street from Cracker Barrel and eat a hotel breakfast. It is just un-American to pass up Cracker Barrel. After Cracker Barrel, we punched the address to the Chattanooga Zoo in our GPS. First of all, who knew Chattanooga had a zoo?! Second of all, why was this kept a secret?! The Chattanooga Zoo is pretty fantastic. I actually liked it better than the Nashville Zoo. If you are ever in the Chattanooga area, you should definitely add the Chattanooga Zoo to your list of must sees. 

All in all, it was a fun weekend. It was exciting to get to spend 2 whole uninterrupted days with Gavin. I usually only have him half a day on Sundays and Monday and Tuesday after work. It really isn't much time at all when you really think about it, so we try to do the best with the time we DO have. 

I can't blog without mentioning our infertility journey! It has been 9 days since our IUI. We have 11 more days until we find out if this cycle worked. Ahhh... I'm hoping we can stay busy and distracted so the next 11 days will fly by! I've been feeling a little...umm... weird the past day or so. I'm hoping these are early pregnancy symptoms and not the beginning of a strange sickness! 

Happy 50th post to me! Here are a few pics from our weekend trip... 

Gavin and I outside of the Chattanooga Aquarium
Gavin freezing at the Chattanooga Zoo.
Gavin riding a camel... and LOVING it!
Trey and Gavin at the Chattanooga Zoo.
Trey and I at the Chattanooga Zoo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment