2.10.2011

Growing Up

I have realized two things today. (1) Someone should've told me just how HARD it is to change my name back to my maiden name. (2) I would be lost without my parents.

I'm so over this snow. I mean...really?? I do not recall getting out for snow this often when I was of school age! Gavin has used up all of his built in snow days. We never did that, did we? Anyway. Rain, sleet, snow, or ice did not stop me from finally getting my driver license updated with my correct name and new address. That's right. I said "correct name".  As much fun as it was to have Gavin's last name, I am much happier and content having my Daddy's last name.  After that was complete, I went to the Bedford County Clerk and gave her a lot of money for the tags, title, and registration for my Corolla. I seriously had no idea what I was doing. I gave her 10 pieces of paper in hopes at least one of them would be what she needed; however, I was missing 1 piece of paper that happened to be in Lynchburg. UGH.  So I hopped into the Corolla and made a trip to Lynchburg. In case you were wondering, the roads were clear.  I did manage to bum a sandwich off of my mom while I was in town, so I guess the trip wasn't completely terrible.

Several times today I thought to myself, "if someone had told me that changing my name would make such a mess... I never would've changed it."  I guess at the time I was blinded by what I thought was love. I obviously did not intend to get divorced, change my name, live in a tiny apartment, and eat spaghetti o's 4 times a week.  Who would dream of that?!  As stressful as the name change process has been, I can't help but think all of the stress, money, and missed hours at work are worth it. I'm Kari Neal.  I've always been Kari Neal to most of my friends and family.  Now it is official.

I don't know what I would do without my parents. I called my Daddy 5-6 times today to ask relatively dumb questions and keep him updated with my progress. In case you haven't figured it out, I am slightly over dramatic sometimes when things do not go as I plan.  My Daddy sometimes has to calm me down and remind me everything will be OK. He had to do that at least once today. I'm not sure if he realized he was doing it though.

I have stressed for the last two months about getting my paperwork and changing my license. Now that I have all of this behind me, I guess it is time to enjoy being Kari.  With that being said, I should probably clean my apartment now...

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment