2.07.2011

Best Friends know when it is time to go..

"It's the times we're so crazy,
that people think we're high.
It's the times we laugh so hard,
we can't help but cry.
It's all the inside jokes
and "remember whens".
those are all the reasons
that we're best friends!"


I cannot help but smile when I look back on this past weekend. What an amazingly fun and exciting weekend it was! I managed to snag Jonathan off of the market somehow. Gavin had an intense basketball game that went into overtime! I spent my Saturday morning/ afternoon/ evening with my parents. I watched Hannah crown the new Wee Miss Lynchburg. Eccho, Rachel, and I had a night of laughs, Big Macs, and Nickelback songs. Rachel and I managed to get 3 kids into the backseat of my Corolla on Sunday for lunch. Oh and that really important football game was going on, but I chose to play Barbies instead. ha. Oh and I'm Facebook official?! Wow. I have never been Facebook official before. ha.

Isn't it amazing how you can go weeks or months without seeing your best friends from childhood, but once you get together, it is just like old times? Eccho, Rachel, and I laughed so much about old times, growing up, and the crazy things we've gotten into over the years.  To anyone who may have seen us laughing hysterically or overheard our conversations, they probably thought we were crazy.  We have so many memories and fun times. I really wish Katie could've been there too! That would've completed the evening!

Ahh... Sometimes you just need a GIRLS night to catch up, laugh, and be completely silly.  The highlight of the evening would have to be all 3 of us crawling into Eccho's bed at 3:45 am to finally go to sleep after laughing, devouring Big Macs, and drinking Sprites.  It wasn't the most comfortable sleeping arrangement, but it reminded me of old times. It reminded me of growing up with these girls. Every year Eccho would have a sleepover for her birthday, and every year there would be girls piled everywhere sleeping. Here we are now 25 and 26 years old, laughing about boys, giggling, and being just as silly as we were 14 years ago.  It was nice. I am paying heavily for my lack of sleep this weekend though.

I'm finally at that happy place I have always wanted to be and I know I couldn't have found this happiness if it wasn't for my faith, family, and friends.  It is hard to believe 3 months ago I felt like I had no direction and everything was falling apart.  I look back now and wonder why I felt that way. In the book I am currently reading, Francis Chan talks about the stresses of the world. In one chapter he talks about people who get so upset and stressed over life.  If you trust in God and turn your troubles over to him and remember WHO is really in control, it gives you great peace.  When we allow ourselves to get stressed and worry, we are losing our focus. I read those 2 pages over and over. It is so true! There was a time in my life when I had forgotten who is really in control. I had forgotten what is really important. When I stopped trying to find my own answers and instead turned my focus to God, I felt like a new person. I'm not perfect by any means. I do still have to be reminded where my focus should be and sometimes my timing and His timing are NOT the same. Sometimes His plan and my plan are not the same.

I look forward to what the next few days, weeks, months, and hopefully years have in store for me. I am blessed beyond belief right now and am thankful each day for the people God has placed in my life... they each have their own purpose. I have an amazing boyfriend (oh how fun it is to call him that!), a supportive & loving family, a fabulous best friend who is always there for me, and a group of friends I would do anything for. 

I. AM. BLESSED. 

Until next time...  

No comments:

Post a Comment