11.08.2013

The Doors Have Opened

Well, if you have not been hiding in a cave the past few days, you've probably figured out I have had some excitement. Let me preface this by saying, I am on pain medication. I hope this post makes sense. Ha. 

On Tuesday I was feeling worse than ever and had a lot of pressure on the left side of my pelvis. Due to the news I received last week, I was a little worried. I called my doctor's office in hopes I would get a prescription for nausea and pain meds. Much to my surprise, Dr. W called back and said, "How much notice do you need to give your office if we need to do surgery?" I went into panic mode. Trey was in Kansas on a hunting trip he had planned for almost a year. I felt like I barely had time to think. I told the doctor that I would be ok if I told my boss that I had to have surgery since she knew I was having problems. He said he would check the schedule for the next day and call me back. My heart sunk. I had never had any type of surgery before other than when I had my wisdom teeth removed. My husband was 13 hours away. I sat on the sidewalk outside of the bank and cried... And prayed... And cried some more. I prayed for God to give me the strength I needed to get through the next 24 hours because I was terrified. 

I was so nervous on Wednesday as I went from the lab to the surgi center, back to the lab, and then to pre-op. During an hour and half surgery, Dr. W removed a cyst the size of an orange from my left ovary, 2 smaller cysts from my right ovary, and some--but not all-- of my endometriosis. It is scary to think how big the left cyst would have been if we had waited until the end of the month to remove it. It had grown 2cm in a week already! I'm blessed to have a doctor who did not want me to wait it out any longer! I do not even want to imagine the level of pain and discomfort I would have been in. He also checked my tubes while he had me opened up. I had specifically prayed for my blocked tube numerous times, so when my mom told me that Dr. W saw flow through both tubes--one slower than the other--it was yet another answered prayer! No more blocked tube!!

So here we are. Trey made it home late Wednesday night and has been a wonderful nurse aside from his urge to constantly be up and doing something. I guess that's ok though. I've been forced to get out of this chair on my own a few times while he is outside or in the shop. It took me a while. It wasn't pretty, but I did get out of the chair on my own! 

Our prayers have been answered. I have put off going to Nashville Fertility for several months. Dr. W originally gave us the option of going to Nashville in August; however, I felt like I wasn't ready to leave him yet, so I insisted we try a few more rounds with him and an IUI. He wasn't ready to give up and we weren't either. Now, Dr. W is pretty confident we will not have to go to Nashville. Praise God!!! 

I know everything we have gone through was just preparing us for the blessings God has in store for us. For that I am truly thankful. I know He did not enjoy watching me suffer and cry, but I know He will rejoice with us when we finally hold our precious child... The child we have fought so hard for the past 14 months! God's timing is perfect. He had to bring us through those dark, miserable days to prepare us for our blessing. 

Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything. James 1:4


No comments:

Post a Comment