3.25.2011

Oh Hi.

I guess I should brush off the dust on this thing, huh?

I haven't blogged in a while. I would like to blame my lack of blogging on being busy, but we all know that isn't the case. I just haven't been in the right mood I guess.

Wow. A lot has changed since my last blog... A LOT!  I came down off of cloud nine and got smacked in the face by reality. That smack in the face lead to me ending my first post-divorce relationship. As with every other relationship, I left a little bit of myself behind, took a little bit of him with me, and learned a lot about myself.  He will make a woman very happy one day. Unfortunately, we were just not at the same point in our lives and it just didn't work.

My relationship with Gavin is AMAZING now. I wish I could bottle up the feeling I have when he is with me.  He is now the most loving little boy... just like he was when he was a little tot.  This may sound cheesy, but I now refuse to go to Wal Mart unless Gavin is with me. I absolutely LOVE going to Wal Mart with him. He pushes the buggy for me and helps me shop. Grocery shopping doesn't seem like a chore when Gavin is with me. He even helps put away the groceries when we get home!  He hasn't quite figured everything out yet. I did have trouble finding my Cliff Bars on Tuesday. He had put them in the canned food cabinet. When I asked him about it, he responded with, "I couldn't reach any higher in the other cabinet."  How precious. He is on Spring Break all next week, and I cannot wait to spend three solid days with him!!!

I have learned the definition of TRUE friends.  I'm not going to elaborate on this one. I'm not a 16 year old who is trying to get my revenge.  I'm a 25 year old adult who hates conflict and confrontation; however, if the right buttons are pushed, I do not sit back and allow others to run over me. I have proven this in the last few weeks. Never trust someone who openly talks about and / or bashes others in front of you because they are probably openly talking about and / or bashing you behind your back. I learned this lesson in high school, but as an adult, I didn't realize girls (yes GIRLS) were still so evil.

I'm still trying to figure out this whole "single" thing .  Some days I feel so excited to not have to be somewhere to see someone. . . but then there is that occasional day when I just wish I had someone to talk to or look forward to seeing after a long, stressful day at work. Most of my friends have someone, and sometimes I feel like I'm crashing their party by being around.  Like I said, I have those days on OCCASION. It isn't an everyday thing. I guess it has only happened twice in the last 3 months. Yes. I was in a relationship for part of that time, but it was a long distance, "I'm busy tonight" relationship.  There was still that one piece of the puzzle missing. 

I'm in no hurry to finish my Kari puzzle.  Heck. Let's just scramble the thing and start over! Isn't that what this is all about anyway? A fresh start? I feel like I need to go on a few awkward first dates with sweaty palms. Maybe even accidentally spill my drink or something? This is only the beginning.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment