10.10.2014

Week 26 Bumpdate

As usual, I am a little late posting an update. Here we are. We are halfway through week 26 and well on our way to week 27 of this amazing, crazy miracle. To say we are blessed is an understatement. So far I have felt pretty darn good to be growing 2 little people inside of me. I do get tired more easily now. I have cravings for typical pregnancy foods - ice cream, breakfast food, cereal, milk....etc. I won't be running any races or deep cleaning my house anytime soon, but HEY! That's completely ok!  I cannot believe this belly is mine. OUR babies are growing inside of me right now. In less than 12 weeks, we will be holding Ryker and Averlee in our arms! Two years ago this month, we were told we were pregnant only to find out we were in fact not pregnant. I actually had a kidney stone and my first ovarian cyst was discovered. One year ago we underwent our first IUI cycle, which failed and produced a HUGE cyst on my left ovary. We were afraid I would lose my left ovary, but little did we know.... that ovary would later produce 2 of the most perfect eggs that would become our precious Ryker and Averlee. Not a day that goes by I do not thank God for this pregnancy and our beautiful growing family.




How Far Along?:  26ish weeks 
Due Date: The 2nd week in January. The twins will be here before December 31st though.

 
Weight Gain: I've quit weighing myself at home. I had begun to worry I was gaining too much too quickly, so I quit obsessing over the number on the scale. We go back to the doctor on Wednesday. They will weigh me there! ha. The last time I checked, I'm up just over 30lbs.
 
Maternity Clothes: All day, everyday! My belly is beginning to outgrow a few of my shirts. My belly is kinda low, so it tends to peep out from under shirts if I do not wear a maternity cami underneath. Oh and maternity pants. Yuck! Since my belly is low, the under belly pants had to retire. They were cutting into me and were so uncomfortable. Luckily it is starting to cool off here and I can wear leggings with long tunic tops and sweater dresses! Leggings are WAY more comfortable than those under the belly dress pants and jeans!
 
Sleep:  I'm in bed and asleep by 9:00 each night. I usually wake up to make a bathroom trip around 1- 1:30am. Lately I've been getting on the couch or crashing in Gavin's room after my bathroom trip. Gavin has around 5 or 6 pillows on his bed, and I tend to fall asleep quicker in his bed. Of course, I cannot sleep in there when he is here though!
 
Best Moment This Week:  Last night Ryker and Averlee were flipping, kicking, and punching at the same time! Trey was able to feel them going crazy too! It was so neat.

Weird Pregnancy Moment:  I still have a really, really itchy belly. I've increased my water intake and I literally COVER my belly with lotion 2-3 times a day.
 
Movement: They have both become much more active over the past few days! Their movements have become stronger too! You can see my belly move from the outside sometimes. It is the most precious thing I have ever seen.

Symptoms:  Growing belly, nasal congestion, frequent trips to the bathroom, increased appetite, round ligament pain, pelvic pain, pregnancy mask, swollen ankles and feet, shortness of breath, heartburn, and growing boobs.  Just your typical pregnancy symptoms.

Cravings/ Aversions: Still drinking a lot of milk. I've also recently developed an appreciation for a fountain Coca-Cola on ice. I craved Coca-Cola when I was pregnant with Gavin, so I'm guessing my body just loves Coca-Cola during pregnancy...? I do my best to limit myself to only 1 per week.

Anything Make You Queasy:  Not eating when I get hungry.

Genders: We are having a sweet little boy, Ryker Christian and a precious little girl, Averlee Elizabeth
 
What I'm Looking Forward To:  We have our last 2nd trimester check-up next week. I will have my glucose test (yuck!) followed by my ultrasound. After my ultrasound, I will see Dr. Williams. We also have our first baby shower in 8 days! I absolutely cannot wait to celebrate our little miracles with our church family who hoped, prayed, and believed with us as we waited for our miracles! I cannot believe they are having a baby shower for OUR babies. I had worried this day would never come and now here it is! I cannot wait!

4 comments: