1.07.2014

Baby's First Gift


I had the pleasure of attending a baby shower over the weekend honoring a friend and former co-worker. It was so good to see her and celebrate her precious little boy who will arrive sometime next month! This baby shower was probably the easiest for me because my friend is living proof that doctors  can be wrong, and God is capable of working unimaginable miracles. Seeing her precious belly reminded me that our own miracle is coming soon. We are one day closer. I was filled with hope as I watched her open each gift. Attending her baby shower was truly a blessing. 

For Baby Bell   
Earlier in the week as I was shopping for a baby shower gift, I came across the cutest, softest little stuffed dog. I had already picked out a baby shower gift. I was pretty happy with the gift, so I didn't think I needed to pick up the dog too. I walked away and started looking at the non-baby stuff in the store. As I was walking towards the check out counter, I couldn't stop thinking about that little stuffed dog. I decided to give it one more squeeze before I left. I thought to myself, "Maybe they will still sell these here when we finally get pregnant." I walked away again. As I stood in line behind a lady at the checkout, it finally hit me. I need to buy that little dog for Baby Bell! So I did. I bought a baby shower gift and I bought a gift for our own little miracle. 

I put the little dog in a drawer when I got home. I look forward to the day when we finally get to give it to our child. Maybe it will be one day soon. Maybe we won't have to wait much longer. I know there is reason for all of this. I know God is in complete control and has heard every single one of our desperate prayers. I know one day all of this waiting will be worth it. I have to admit the past few months have become harder, but I find peace in knowing God works miracles each and every day. I refuse to let a doctor's diagnosis stop me from pursuing my dream of having a little Baby Bell. 

2 comments:

  1. I was reading this post and kept thinking..."Oh I hope she buys the dog for her lil miracle" and YOU DID!!! YAY!!! The Bible says that faith without works is dead and God is pleased by our faith...not only did you please God by showing through actions that you trust in what He says but you gave the devil a throat punch by not letting fear and doubt keep you from buying it. I have a whole basket full of goodies for my future lil one. Every so often I go into the room where the nursery will be and I pray over the stuff I have bought. I kinda have them on display :) hehe love ya!!!

    waitingforbabybird.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I like the fact you already have a nursery for your precious miracle! How neat.

    ReplyDelete